What a great start to the new year! I have been nominated for The Liebster Award! The Liebster Award exists only on the Internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. I was nominated by the lovely Michelle Wu. Thank you so much!
Liebster Award Rules
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
4. Optional: Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
6. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
7. Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
8. List these rules in your post.
9. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
What makes me passionate about blogging?
I have loved to write ever since I was a little kid. I’ve always kept journals or written down my thoughts in some way or another. I have kept blogs for years, but have only shown them to my closest friends. This is my first public blog, and I am excited to share my views and experiences and meet new people!
10 facts about me
1. I am a natural redhead.
2. I’m tall for a woman (5’9″ or 175 cm) and I was always one of the tallest kids in my class when I was growing up.
3. I have worked at my current job for nearly 8 years!
4. My middle name is Elizabeth.
5. I love the color pink.
6. I love reading novels that take place in different cultures and/or time periods.
7. I’m obsessed with eyeshadow. I can’t stop buying it!
8. Going on long walks and crafting are two of my favorite stress busters.
9. I sleep with a stuffed rabbit named Celine. No shame. 😜
10. I love Studio Ghibli movies! The animation and stories are amazing.
Questions from Michelle
1. What is your favorite song at the moment?
“DNA” by BTS. It’s incredibly catchy!
2. How did you come up with your blog niche?
To be honest, I’m not sure if I have a niche yet. I feel like my blog will be a combination of sharing things I love (books, music) and talking about my personal experiences.
3. What is your spirit animal and why?
Probably a cat. We’re both quiet and need our alone time, but we can be very loving too.
4. If you could live at one place right now, where would that be?
Either San Diego, CA or one of the suburbs around Rochester, NY. San Diego is my favorite place in the world. I love the warm weather, sunshine, and beautiful beaches! My mom and I spend weekends near Rochester often – it’s only a couple hours from my hometown – and we really like the people and have found fun things to do. Also, my best friend lives there. 😊
5. What is your dream job?
I would love to be a makeup artist!
6. How did you come up with your blog name?
“Her feelings she hides” is a lyric from one of my favorite Avril Lavigne songs, “Nobody’s Home.” I first heard the song when I was twelve and that line has always resonated with me. I am someone who also hides her feelings a lot, and I hope that with this blog, I won’t have to.
7. Who is your role model?
My mom. She is the kindest, strongest, most wonderful woman I have ever known. ❤️
8. What is the scariest thing you have ever experienced?
A few things, but one of the scariest happened four years ago when my mom severely injured her ankle on a trip to Maryland. I was walking behind her when she tripped, and the image of her crumpling to the ground still haunts me. Thank God she is okay now.
9. Apple or Samsung?
Apple. I’ve never had a Samsung phone or tablet, so I really can’t judge them. I’ve stuck with iPhones and iPads because I know the operating system well and I don’t like change. Haha.
10. If you could be someone famous, who would you be?
I think I would want to be the singer Alessia Cara, because she is so passionate and I love how she advocates for mental health.
11. Where is your dream date?
Walking along a beach, having dinner by the water, and just talking.
- A Booknerd Travels
- Smriti Chawla
- Not an Expert
- Escape to the 6ix
- Kelly M. Wright
Here are my questions for you!
1. If you could time travel, would you rather visit the past or the future? Why?
2. What is your favorite season? What do you like best about it?
3. Name one book that strongly impacted your life.
4. Do you like writing and receiving letters?
5. Morning person or evening person?
6. What is your favorite holiday tradition? This can be from any holiday.
7. As a child, what did you think life would be like at your current age? Is it what you expected?
8. What is your favorite word?
9. What is one food you could eat every day for the rest of your life and never get tired of it?
10. Do you have a best friend (or group of close friends)? How long have you known each other? How did you meet?
11. What is the story behind your name?