I saw this Q&A over at xaspierudegirlx and thought it looked fun.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like both, but I like wrapping paper better. It’s fun to wrap presents. 😁
2. Real tree or artificial? Real! We’ve always gotten a real tree. They need more attention (watering), but they look better (in my opinion) and smell so good!
3. When do you put up the tree? It depends, but usually early to mid-December.
4. When do you take the tree down? LATE!! Haha. Usually January, but some years it’s been up until the beginning of February.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope, not at all.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? When I was eight, a new American Girl doll named Kit came out and I loved her right away. She was from the 1930s and I was really interested in that period in history. I asked Santa to bring her to me for Christmas, and sure enough, I got her!! I also got a bed and furniture for her and the first three books about her in the series. I was so happy!
Another favorite gift was a copy of Avril Lavigne’s Let Go album when I was ten. It started a lifelong love of music. ❤️
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, and we set it up every year.
8. The hardest person to buy for? Probably my dad. I don’t have a lot of experience buying for guys.
9. The easiest person to buy for? My mom or my best friend.
10. Worst Christmas gift you’ve ever received? I don’t think I’ve ever gotten anything I disliked!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely snail mail! I love writing out and sending cards.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, The Year Without a Santa Claus
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It varies from year to year, but in general, early December.
14. Have you ever recycled a present? I don’t think so.
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Pumpkin pie!!! It’s my favorite dessert in the world. I wait all year for Thanksgiving and Christmas to have it!
16. Clear or colored lights on the tree? Colored lights, always! I don’t like the ones that flash, though.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night. I think it is absolutely beautiful. I love Silent Night as well. I enjoy the traditional carols the most.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Prancer, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Vixen. And Rudolph, of course!
20. Angel or star on the tree top? We’ve always had a star 🌟
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I work in retail, so all the stress that comes with that.
23. What is the silliest family tradition you do or miss doing? I don’t think we have any silly traditions.
24. Ugliest Christmas decoration ever invented? I’m not sure. Haha.
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? Homey trees.
26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Both!!
27. Do you like fruitcake? I’ve never tried it, but I don’t think I would like it.